I have just released the first few modules of my Building Microservices with .NET – The Basics online course.
Some of the topics covered so far:
- How to create .NET 5 based microservices from scratch using Visual Studio Code
- Use individual MongoDB NoSQL databases for exclusive use by each microservice
- Implement asynchronous inter-service communication via RabbitMQ and MassTransit
- Microservices architecture fundamentals, pros and cons
- Implement common design patterns used with microservices like repository, retries with exponential backoff and circuit breaker
- Use C# 9 record types to define DTOs and message contracts used by the microservices
- How to implement the common operations of a microservices REST API
- Use Docker and Docker Compose to run services like MongoDB and RabbitMQ in your box to support your microservices
- Use Swagger/OpenAPI and Postman to explore and interact with your microservice APIs
- Implement resilient inter-service communication via IHttpClientFactory and Polly
- Implement eventual data consistency by replicating data across microservices
- Create NuGet packages to share reusable logic and message contracts across microservices
- Build two microservices of an end to end application where players can purchase game items with virtual currency
Check it out at https://dotnetmicroservices.com/thebasics.